Monarch Supports Veterans and First Responders
The Monarch Mental Health Group is extremely grateful to Australia’s veterans and first responders for their continued engagement in serving our community. As a patient-focused mental health organisation, it is only logical to care for their unique circumstances and needs.
What is post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Overview. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.
In line with our promise to deliver a gold-standard level of care to all our patients, Monarch Mental Health Group has been taken initiatives such as:
- The development of a dedicated Monarch Mental Health Group protocol for PTSD by Professor Paul Fitzgerald, informed by the latest research and evidence. This protocol allows for the treatment of both the depression and the anxiety component of PTSD in under 60 minutes.
- The creation of specific factsheets on PTSD and Monarch Mental Health Group.
- A continued liaison with veterans’ psychiatrists and patient support groups.
If you are a veteran or first responder, or are caring for one, you can contact us. Our friendly and professional team will be able to answer all your questions on what is the Monarch Mental Health Group, how it works, and how it could help in your unique situation.
Monarch Mental Health Group Australia’s PTSD patient stories
These examples are based on real patients treated at Monarch Mental Health Group Australia. Names, photos and some details have changed for privacy reasons.
- 5 years in Australian Army
- Medically discharged
- Diagnosed with PTSD and depression
- Tried 12 different medications with no success
- Psychiatrist recommended Monarch Mental Health Group therapy
“A couple of weeks into his treatment John noticed feeling emotions for the first time in a very long time while watching a movie. By the end of treatment, he felt more positive, motivated and energetic, and less anxious.”
- 15 years of service to the community
- Left the service because of health reasons
- Diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety and depression
- Tried psychotherapy and 3 different types of medications with no success
“Since having Monarch Mental Health Group treatment Alex feels more social, positive and motivated and has started setting goals for her future. Her psychiatrist told her that she no longer has PTSD and her anxiety and depression have also improved.”
Monarch Mental Health Group can be used for many conditions such as:
- Anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic pain
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Schizophrenic auditory hallucinations
- Stroke recovery